Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Director of Media and Publicity of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has faulted a report which claimed that the Minister of Defence, General Aliyu Gusau, said that General Muhammadu Buhari passed his Cambridge/WASCE examination in 1961 and that they attended Katsina College together.
Fani-Kayode, in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja, said the report was part of the opposition propaganda and desperate bid to cover the wrongdoing of their presidential candidate whose integrity they have so much flaunted.
According to him, “It has been brought to our attention that a number of online publications and newspapers have published a false story suggesting that General Aliyu Gusau, the Minister of Defence, has defended General Buhari on the certificate issue and has said that they attended Katsina College together.
“This is pure falsehood and crass disinformation, and it is indicative of the type of shameless desperation and propaganda that the opposition are now indulging in.
“Not only did General Gusau not attend any school with General Buhari or go to Katsina College but he has also never sought to defend or absolve him in the ongoing controversy about his school certificate.”
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike