Estimated Reading Time: <1
Saudi Arabia’s king, Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz has died, according to Saudi Arabia’s royal officials. His death comes weeks after he was admitted to the hospital for a lung infection.
The 90-year-old king, who got on the throne in 2005, has already been succeeded by his 79-year-old half-brother, Salam. Abdullah bin Abdulaziz was the fifth of his brothers to take the throne and become king in 2005.
US President Barack Obama has expressed his personal sympathies and those of the American people, on the death of King Abdullah.
He said, “As a leader, he was always candid and had the courage of his convictions. One of those convictions was his steadfast and passionate belief in the importance of the US-Saudi relationship as a force for stability and security in the Middle East and beyond.”
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses