Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Acting Governor of Adamawa State and Speaker of the Assembly, James Barka has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC) along with other defectors.
Barka’s defection was announced by the chairman of the party in the state, Shuaibu Yamusa at the APC governorship campaign rally in Ganye.
Barka had aspired for governorship in the aborted October 2014 by-election in the state.
Responding on behalf of the defectors, Barka said he left the ruling PDP as a result of the party’s failure to conduct it’s affairs in accordance with the provision of its constitution and democratic norms.
“I am now into a new found party of mine which I believe is the party with good manifesto to change the country that another party messed down for good,” Barka said.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844