Estimated Reading Time: <1
Two persons were, yesterday, trampled to death in a stampede during the All Progressives Party, APC, presidential campaign visit to Plateau State.
The victims, Sunday Vanguard confirmed, were trying to force their way out of the crowded Rwang Pam Township Stadium, venue of the event, when they were trampled on and they gave up the ghost.
Before the tragedy, the APC presidential candidate, General Mohammadu Buhari, had addressed the mammoth crowd, promising to restore security in the north eastern zone of the country as well as improve on the agriculture and education sectors.
He assured the unemployed youths of massive employment opportunities if voted into power in next month’s election.
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON