Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fernando Torres’ brace for Atletico Madrid against Real Madrid on Thursday night was more than enough to fire his team into the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey. The former Chelsea striker grabbed his first goal in the first minute of the game. Real Madrid got level through a goal from Sergio Ramos in the first half.
Atletico Madrid went ahead again as soon as the second half resumed with another well taken goal from Torres in the first minute of the new half. The new king of world football, Cristiano Ronaldo went on to equalize for Real Madrid minutes later but that was not enough to salvage anything for his side who had lost the first leg of the encounter 0-2.
With the game ending 4-2 on aggregate in favour of Atletico, Diego Simeone’s men have now advanced to the quarter finals of the competition.
Photo Credit: Goal.com
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student