Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fernando Torres’ brace for Atletico Madrid against Real Madrid on Thursday night was more than enough to fire his team into the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey. The former Chelsea striker grabbed his first goal in the first minute of the game. Real Madrid got level through a goal from Sergio Ramos in the first half.
Atletico Madrid went ahead again as soon as the second half resumed with another well taken goal from Torres in the first minute of the new half. The new king of world football, Cristiano Ronaldo went on to equalize for Real Madrid minutes later but that was not enough to salvage anything for his side who had lost the first leg of the encounter 0-2.
With the game ending 4-2 on aggregate in favour of Atletico, Diego Simeone’s men have now advanced to the quarter finals of the competition.
Photo Credit: Goal.com
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving