Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fernando Torres’ brace for Atletico Madrid against Real Madrid on Thursday night was more than enough to fire his team into the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey. The former Chelsea striker grabbed his first goal in the first minute of the game. Real Madrid got level through a goal from Sergio Ramos in the first half.
Atletico Madrid went ahead again as soon as the second half resumed with another well taken goal from Torres in the first minute of the new half. The new king of world football, Cristiano Ronaldo went on to equalize for Real Madrid minutes later but that was not enough to salvage anything for his side who had lost the first leg of the encounter 0-2.
With the game ending 4-2 on aggregate in favour of Atletico, Diego Simeone’s men have now advanced to the quarter finals of the competition.
Photo Credit: Goal.com
- Buhari says gold mining will create 250,000 jobs in Nigeria
- Niger State assembly impeach house majority leader
- Former Governor Abdulaziz Yari demands apology from FAAN
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election
- Armed police surround former NDDC MD Joi Nunieh’s residence
- Femi Gbajabiamila speaks on NDDC corruption investigations
- Federal government closes deal on N43bn Ibadan dry port
- FEC approves revised 2021-2023 MTEF/FSP