Estimated Reading Time: <1
World footballer of the year, Cristiano Ronaldo and his Russian model girlfriend, Irina Shayk have called it quits on their five-year relationship. Shayk’s representative confirmed the split by saying:
“We can confirm Irina Shayk has ended her relationship to Cristiano Ronaldo of five years. She has been close with his family throughout the course of their relationship. Any negative rumors with regards to Irina and the Ronaldo family are completely false, and have not been a factor in the cause of the split. Irina has no further comment at the time.”
Rumors have it that the relationship between the power couple have been turbulent recently. It is reported that Ronaldo’s now ex-girlfriend had a rift with the footballer’s mother and refused to attend her surprise 60th birthday party. Ronaldo and Irina had spent the Christmas together in Dubai but the refusal of the supermodel to attend his mom’s birthday was what broke the camel’s back.
At the 2015 Ballon d’or ceremony, Irina was conspicuously missing unlike the previous edition which she attended with him. Whatever really happened might not matter now as the truth remains that the couple are now single again.
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force