Estimated Reading Time: <1
The number of Boko Haram terrorists who perished in their ill-fated attempt to capture a military base in Biu, Borno State has been put at 78.
It would be recalled that in the early hours of Wednesday, hundreds of terrorists, including foreign nationals were repelled in a determined effort by Nigerian troops from expanding their operational bases and capturing weapons.
Of the terrorists who were killed and captured during a pursuit by the military, include those of foreign nationalities.
Two Anti-Aircraft Guns were captured from the terrorists during the operation.
However, competent military sources confided in PRNigeria that as at Thursday afternoon, at least 78 bodies of the terrorists have been counted.
When contacted, Defence Spokesman, Major General Chris Olukolade declined to comment on Boko Haram casualty figure saying that the military is more concerned about the success of the operations than the figures of the terrorists killed during the encounters.
He nevertheless confirmed that mopping up exercise in the area continued. He said “what is important now is for us to consolidate on the victory, recapture areas where the terrorists are presently operating and restore peace to the entire north east.”
Note: The attached graphic images from Biu operation may be offensive to some readers.
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour