Estimated Reading Time: <1
The leader Of Niger Delta People’s Salvation Front (NDPSF), Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo, has declared Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan the winner of the 14 February 2015 election and owes nobody, not even the electorate who are yet to cast their votes any apology.
Dokubo stated this at weekend, during the burial ceremony of his grandmother, Princess Preba Ekineh at Buguma in Asari Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Asari who announced the result ahead of the elections yet to conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission,INEC,said that it was not possible for the incumbent President who is also from the Niger Delta to lose the election, no matter who his contender is.
Asari Dokubo boasted that the incumbent President Jonathan must win the election. Even though he did not know how it would be done, he emphasized that Jonathan’s victory in the forthcoming general election is assured.
“In 2015 general election, Goodluck Jonathan will win, in whatever way they want him, he will win. I am not apologising to anyone. I am not afraid of anybody. He has already won. My confidence is that he has already won.”
Speaking on the governorship race in the state, the Niger Delta warlord said a high level of injustice was played out in the Rivers polity, insisting there should be power rotation.
Dokubo emphasised that the state was made up of many ethnic groups and there should be equity and justice.
He warned that the consequences of the political injustice in the state, especially meted out on the Ogoni ethnic nationality.
“But, for River State, I do not know because there is injustice in Rivers State. Why I said that there is injustice in Rivers State is that, one set of people cannot continue to rule.
“Rivers State is a multi-ethnic state and all the ethnic nationalities must have access to government. So, whoever that is encouraging this perfidy, does so at his own peril because it will boomerang”, he warned.
According to him: “The way out of this danger is to do the right thing. The right thing is to make an Ogoni the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and an Ogoni man, the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC). It must be an Ogoni man for all the political parties”, he insisted.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents