Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chris Rock and his wife Malaak Compton-Rock are ending their marriage, amicably.
The two are parents to two daughters, ages 12 and 10. News about their split was confirmed on Sunday, three days after Christmas.
“Chris Rock has filed for divorce from his wife, Malaak,” the actor’s rep told E! News. “This is a personal matter and Chris requests privacy as he and Malaak work through this process and focus on their family.”
“After much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways,” Compton-Rock, 45, said in a statement to People magazine. “Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life’s blessings, even when faced with difficulties.”
“While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority,” she added. “It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives.”
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students