Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool’s Italian striker, Mario Balotelli has gotten into trouble over a picture he re-posted on photo sharing site, Instagram. The English FA has hit the controversial soccer star with a £25,ooo fine, a one match ban which see him missing in action when the Reds face Arsenal this Sunday. The 24-year-old will also be obliged to attend an education course.
The post which got Mario into trouble contained anti-Semitic and racist references. You can view the image below but be warned that it contains A LANGUAGE WHICH YOU MAY FIND OFFENSIVE
On learning about the punishment which has been meted out on him, the 24-year-old issued an apology to his teammates through a Facebook statement which reads:
“I am sorry that my team-mates and supporters of Liverpool FC have to be penalised for something I did and now come to regret. It is my intention to comply with the decision of the FA and make sure it never happens again.”
Why always Balotelli?
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen