Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool’s Italian striker, Mario Balotelli has gotten into trouble over a picture he re-posted on photo sharing site, Instagram. The English FA has hit the controversial soccer star with a £25,ooo fine, a one match ban which see him missing in action when the Reds face Arsenal this Sunday. The 24-year-old will also be obliged to attend an education course.
The post which got Mario into trouble contained anti-Semitic and racist references. You can view the image below but be warned that it contains A LANGUAGE WHICH YOU MAY FIND OFFENSIVE
On learning about the punishment which has been meted out on him, the 24-year-old issued an apology to his teammates through a Facebook statement which reads:
“I am sorry that my team-mates and supporters of Liverpool FC have to be penalised for something I did and now come to regret. It is my intention to comply with the decision of the FA and make sure it never happens again.”
Why always Balotelli?
- 2500 sacked Cross River State workers protest, demand reinstatement
- COVID-19: Church distribute palliatives worth millions to members in Calabar
- Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said many Nigerians believe that governors are corrupt
- Election Observers say “Edo Election relatively credible despite high Incidents of Vote buying”
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment