Estimated Reading Time: <1
French football legend, Thierry Henry recently announced his retirement from professional football after a glorious career. Tributes have continued to flow in for the clinical finisher and one of those is from Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho. The charismatic and very outspoken Blues boss has revealed to talkSPORT that he and Sir Bobby Robson almost brought Thierry Henry to Barcelona early in his career but the French star headed to Juventus instead.
‘When I was an assistant in Barcelona with Mr (Bobby) Robson in 1996 (we tried to sign him). He was in Monaco and he went to Juventus, we lost him by an inch’.
‘After that he was not on my radar because it was never a possibility to come to my teams. Could you imagine in that moment leaving Arsenal to come to Chelsea? I wouldn’t imagine that.
‘He’s the kind of player that you need forever, especially in the Premier League where he was more than any other place.
‘He was okay in Barcelona and the (France) national team, but the real Thierry Henry, the player that we are all going to miss for ever, is the one that made unbelievable seasons and incredible history in the Premier League.’
Mourinho also revealed that he has got no plans to be active in this winter’s transfer window as he is satisfied with his squad
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April