Estimated Reading Time: <1
French football legend, Thierry Henry recently announced his retirement from professional football after a glorious career. Tributes have continued to flow in for the clinical finisher and one of those is from Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho. The charismatic and very outspoken Blues boss has revealed to talkSPORT that he and Sir Bobby Robson almost brought Thierry Henry to Barcelona early in his career but the French star headed to Juventus instead.
‘When I was an assistant in Barcelona with Mr (Bobby) Robson in 1996 (we tried to sign him). He was in Monaco and he went to Juventus, we lost him by an inch’.
‘After that he was not on my radar because it was never a possibility to come to my teams. Could you imagine in that moment leaving Arsenal to come to Chelsea? I wouldn’t imagine that.
‘He’s the kind of player that you need forever, especially in the Premier League where he was more than any other place.
‘He was okay in Barcelona and the (France) national team, but the real Thierry Henry, the player that we are all going to miss for ever, is the one that made unbelievable seasons and incredible history in the Premier League.’
Mourinho also revealed that he has got no plans to be active in this winter’s transfer window as he is satisfied with his squad
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”