Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following speculations that made the news all through yesterday about the choice for vice-presidential candidate by the the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari.
APC’s Alhaji Lai Mohammed has come out to clear the air, he said the party has not even met to decide who the person will be.
“We haven’t even met,” Mohammed said, dismissing a report that the party had picked the Rivers States Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, as Buhari’s running mate.
Mohammed told The Punch newspaper that picking a vice-presidential candidate would require wide consultation, but said the party would announce the person next week.
“What you are reading now is the handiwork of mischief makers. No one had been picked as Buhari’s running mate but we will pick and announce next week,” he said.
And sources closes to him said he has been locked up in wide consultation on finding a right running mate that will Buhari’s electoral chances in the February election.
Religion will be a very decisive factor in arriving at a choice, sources say. And since Buhari is a muslim, only a Christian VP will emerge.
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG