Estimated Reading Time: <1
NewsWireNGR had reported that extremist Boko Haram sect were attacking Bajoga town of Gombe state, two days ago.
Residents heard sounds of gunshots and explosion.
Bajoga hosts the Ashaka cement plant, and the Boko Haram sect carried out a similar raid on the plant last month during which they reportedly carted away four Toyota Hilux vans packed with explosives.
Aisha Yesufu, a member of the Bring Back Our Girls Campaigners posted the pictures you see, online allegedly said to be students of the Federal Government Girls College Bajoga being evacuated in the course of the attack by the Military.
We cannot independently verify the authenticity of the photos at NewsWireNGR but we decided to share to our readers so we have an idea of what kids in Northern Nigeria have had to come to terms with side by side their everyday schooling.
Police had however said, security forces in Bajoga, headquarters of Funnakaye Local Government Area of Gombe State in the north-east, repelled an attack on the town by suspected members of the Boko Haram.
Nigerian Army evacuating the students from their school, avoiding a repeat of Chibok..
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children