Estimated Reading Time: <1
APC Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has promised to end insurgency in the country if elected President come 2015. The former Vice President was speaking in Jos, Plateau state on Tuesday while addressing newsmen.
NAN reports that he was in Jos to woo delegates to his side ahead of the All Progressives Congress’ presidential primaries. Atiku hopes to stop insurgency by strengthening the military and equipping it better.
“Once I am elected the president of this great country, I shall increase the numerical strength of the military, and will also equip them with modern and sophisticated weapons.
“I shall as well increase their pay and ensure they are given adequate training that will make them contain any form of attack from insurgents’’ he said.
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission