Estimated Reading Time: <1
APC Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has promised to end insurgency in the country if elected President come 2015. The former Vice President was speaking in Jos, Plateau state on Tuesday while addressing newsmen.
NAN reports that he was in Jos to woo delegates to his side ahead of the All Progressives Congress’ presidential primaries. Atiku hopes to stop insurgency by strengthening the military and equipping it better.
“Once I am elected the president of this great country, I shall increase the numerical strength of the military, and will also equip them with modern and sophisticated weapons.
“I shall as well increase their pay and ensure they are given adequate training that will make them contain any form of attack from insurgents’’ he said.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%