Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wonders shall never end they say!
A male Alsatian dog popularly known as Dr. Papilo and owned by a certain Prince Kenneth Edet Ani recently passed on last month. Guess what? The late dog got a befitting burial with gun salutes, service of songs, a condolence register and even an Army Band played at the funeral.
The dog was buried last Saturday at a grand ceremony which took place at Oshifila Street, Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos State. The service of songs was held earlier at Canaan Hotel, Ikeja. We hear the dog served as a security guard for over ten years. The late fifteen year old dog which belonged to the chief executive of Canaan hotel, Prince Ani was praised as a special breed of Dog. The dog was buried in a four-feet grave which was decorated with roses and was just beside the hotel where it served for a long time
Paying tribute to the late dog, Prince Ani who wore a black suit at his dog’s funeral said:
“My wife and I stayed together for some time without a child. Suddenly, people started calling us Papa and Mama Papilo. The dog travelled with me to Jos and Maiduguri. While in Maiduguri, it was trained and used to hunt bombers. It was a unique dog. In the real sense, it was my first child. When I lost Papilo, I felt sad the same way I felt when I lost my wife. The dog was just too close to me”.
The owner also spoke of the dog’s security consciousness
“Papilo confronted armed robbers sometime ago and gave one of them a serious injury. The robber could not run further, and was later caught by the police. Everybody knew Papilo in this area. I am missing the dog, and the other six dogs at the hotel are also missing Papilo because it was like their father. Here, we treat dogs like human beings. We give them the best food you could think of.”
The funeral was well attended by distinguished guest such as Brotherhood of the Cross and Star priest, Parkson Edjeketa; The Coordinator, Nigerian Dog Association, Ndubisi Faisal Amuka; Dr Dotun Ransome Kuti and many others.
Yes, a minute of silence was also held for the the late Papilo.
Content Credit: Sunnewsonline.com
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis