Estimated Reading Time: <1
A 32-year-old pastor has been remanded in prison for allegedly raping and impregnating an 11-year-old girl (names withheld) in Lagos State.
The pastor (names withheld) whose church is located at Odunbaku Street in Iju Ishaga, a Lagos suburb, was arraigned at a Senior Magistrates’ Court, Abule Egba, Lagos State.
Vanguard reports, that the pastor allegedly told the victim’s mother that there is an arrow of death in her house and must move out to avoid death.
In obedience, the woman moved into the church with her children.
However, trouble started when the woman noticed some strange behaviour by her daughter who complained of stomach pain and showed signs of malaria.
According to the mother, she contacted a nurse who then treated her for malaria, but the sickness continued until she underwent a scan which revealed that she was pregnant.
It was later discovered that she was two months pregnant and when pressed further, she revealed that the pastor gave her ‘holy water’ to drink and also gave her a red substance to rub on her face.
The victim further added that she became unconscious only for her to see the pastor on her.
When she wanted to scream, she said he used his hand to cover her mouth before sleeping with her, and told her she would die if she told anyone.
The pastor pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge and the presiding magistrate, Mr. T. A. Elias, ordered him remanded in prison custody, pending the advice of Directorate of Public Prosecution and adjourned the case to January 2015.
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption