Estimated Reading Time: <1
In-form Chelsea midfielder, Cesc Fabregas has been ruled out of Spain’s Euro 2016 qualifier match against Belarus slated for Saturday after the medical team of Spain has tests on the player in Madrid and confirmed he was suffering a hamstring injury.
This will come as a surprise to football fans who watched Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool last weekend; a match where the Spaniard played the full 90 minutes and showed no injury signs. In just 15 appearances for the Blues in his debut season with them, the former Arsenal and Barcelona man has made 11 assists and scored two goals.
Spain has called up Villarreal midfielder, Bruno Soriano as Fabregas’ replacement in the squad.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid