Breaking News

Boko Haram Shekau In New Video Denies Ceasefire, Says Chibok Schoolgirls Married Off

A video released by Terrorists Leader, Abubakar Shekau claims the issue of the abducted schoolgirls in Chibok has long been resolved as they’ve all been sold out.

Shekau who made the recording available to the France Press clearly made it known that that the President Goodluck Jonathan will never be able to bring back the girls even after world outrage over their abduction.

The whole campaign, with international flavour, has been a waste of time as Abubakar Shekau, the Boko Haram leader said in a new video today that the 219 girls captured in April have been married after their conversion to Islam.

The schoolgirls were captured on 14 April in Chibok, Borno state. They have not been seen since then.

Shekau also denied what observers have long suspected: his group has never agreed to a ceasefire with the Nigerian government.

In the new video obtained on Friday by Agency France-Presse, Shekau described the Nigerian government claims as a lie. He also ruled out future talks.

The Boko Haram leader also claimed to be holding a German national, who was kidnapped in the northeast Nigerian state of Adamawa earlier this year.

Shekau’s claim that they were “holding your German hostage” is the first claim of responsibility for the abduction, which happened in Gombi, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) from the Adamawa state capital, Yola, on July 16.

The German foreign ministry in Berlin said it did not want to comment when contacted by AFP

On the night of 14–15 April 2014, 276, female students were kidnapped from the Government Secondary School in the town of Chibok in Borno State, Nigeria. Responsibility for the kidnappings was claimed by Boko Haram, an Islamic Jihadist and terrorist organization based in northeast Nigeria.

On 17 October 2014, hopes were raised that the 219 remaining girls might soon be released after the Nigerian army announced a truce between Boko Haram and government forces. The announcement coincided with the six-month anniversary of the girls’ capture and followed a month of negotiations mediated in Saudi Arabia by Chadian president, Idriss Deby.

The announcement was, however, met with doubts because it wasn’t the first time the Nigerian government had claimed a breakthrough in negotiations with the Islamic militant group – it had to backtrack on a previous announcement in September after saying the girls had been released and were being held in military barracks.

Leave a Reply