Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan arrived in Jerusalem on Saturday for a two-day pilgrimage to Israel.
According to the president’s itinerary, he will observe the Sabbath Day on Saturday at the Wailing Wall, where he will pray privately before going to Mount Tabor and Mount Carmel.
Jonathan will also visit some other Christian holy sites during the pilgrimage.
During the pilgrimage, he will pray for Nigeria at an Interdenominational Church Service with the theme: “A day with Jesus for Nigeria in Israel”.
The progamme of events indicates that other Nigerian Pilgrims will join the president during the service to pray for the well being and progress of the country.
News Agency Nigeria recalls that Jonathan is performing pilgrimage for the second time since he was elected president in 2011.
Nigeria’s Ambassador to Israel Davi Obasa received the president on arrival at the David Ben Gurion International Airport, Tel Aviv.
Others that were at the airport included Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra, Mr John-Kennedy Opara, Executive Secretary, Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission and Brig.- Gen. Jones Arogbofa, the Chief of Staff.
The president is accompanied to the pilgrimage by Ven. Obioma Onwuzurumba, Chaplain of the Presidential Villa, Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide and Sen. Smart Adeyemi, Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT.
Members of the Federal Government delegation in the pilgrimage include the Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh, Primate Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Chief Olajumoke Akinjide, Minister of State for FCT, Prof. Chinedu Neboh, Minister of Power, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe, Minister of Water Resources, Sen. Philip Aduda and Rep. Ndudi Elumelu, are also part of the delegation.
Other delegates are Gov. Gabriel Suswam of Benue and Gov. Jonah Jang of Plateau.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed