Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Information, Minister, Labaran Maku has just announced his intentions to voluntarily resign from the Fed. Executive Council this wk
Journalist Adeshola Komolafe at the service reports that the information Minister, Labaran Maku made the announcement to voluntarily resign from the Federal Executive Council in Akwanga during a thanksgiving service on Sunday.
In attendance at Labaran Maku’s thanksgiving service are the Minister of State for Works, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Directors.
Sources at the Presidential Villa Abuja say Labaran alongside eight other ministers are stepping aside to run for governorship elections in their various states of the federation.
The Information Minister who is of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had before now said he will end the reign of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 general elections.
At the formal reception held in celebration of the national award, Commander of the order of the Niger (CON) bestowed on him by President Goodluck Jonathan.
“We will struggle to defeat APC in Nasarawa State in the next general elections. We will end tribalism and senseless killings in Nasarawa state. That is why I am in politics, to bring peace and development to the people of Nasarawa State. We shall work hard until we achieve success,” said Maku.
Maku also thanked President Jonathan for the award, saying it will drive him to work harder for Nasarawa State and Nigeria as a whole.
“I thank the President for the opportunity he gave me to serve Nigeria and for recognizing my effort all these years. My award is a grace of God and I promise to put in more effort to serve my country.”
“I will use the award to serve Nigeria, even better because Nigeria is the hope of Africa and without Nigeria the entire African continent will be in slavery,” Maku added.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19