Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Acting Governor of Adamawa state, Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri who was ordered to vacate the office on wednesday by the Federal High court has returned to the House of Assembly as the Speaker.
The chief press secretary to Fintiri, Solomo Kumangar made this known in a statement released on Thursday.
Fintiri who said he has appealed the judgement, thank Adamawa people for their support during his stay in office.
“Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri who has since resumed office as the Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly also expresses gratitude to all State Legislators, Members Of the National Assembly, the Peoples Democratic Party, the opposition and the overwhelming majority of the people who not only shared his vision and zeal of rescuing and emancipating Adamawa State from the shackles of bad governance but rallied together with him to banish tyranny, tribalism and primordial sentiment from Adamawa State.” Kumangar said
It will be recalled that Fintiri had on Wednesday refused to move out of the Government House claiming that having appealed the decision of the court, he is not under obligation to move out of the government house.
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes