Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Acting Governor of Adamawa state, Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri who was ordered to vacate the office on wednesday by the Federal High court has returned to the House of Assembly as the Speaker.
The chief press secretary to Fintiri, Solomo Kumangar made this known in a statement released on Thursday.
Fintiri who said he has appealed the judgement, thank Adamawa people for their support during his stay in office.
“Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri who has since resumed office as the Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly also expresses gratitude to all State Legislators, Members Of the National Assembly, the Peoples Democratic Party, the opposition and the overwhelming majority of the people who not only shared his vision and zeal of rescuing and emancipating Adamawa State from the shackles of bad governance but rallied together with him to banish tyranny, tribalism and primordial sentiment from Adamawa State.” Kumangar said
It will be recalled that Fintiri had on Wednesday refused to move out of the Government House claiming that having appealed the decision of the court, he is not under obligation to move out of the government house.
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa