Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
Governor Rotimi Amaechi has attacked the the transformation agenda of the President, describing it as a sham.
Amaechi said this in Ado Ekiti during the commissioning the ultra-modern Pharmacology/Biochemistry building of the Medical School of the Ekiti state university (EKSU)
He urged the President to resdesign the programme to meet the needs of the people, opining that poverty still prevails in the country.
“This transformation agenda has not in any way reflected in the lives of Nigerians. There is poverty and wanton neglect everywhere you go. So what are we now transforming?
“Some of the members of TAN are those that benefited from the subsidy fund and who ought to be prosecuted and jailed. I am sure that all Progressives Congress, APC, will bring to bear more pragmatic agenda that would meet Nigerians’ yearnings.”
He lauded the developmental strides taken by Governor Fayemi in the state.
Governor Kayode Fayemi, who noted that some people, including himself, had in the past described the university as a glorified secondary school, said the trend had taken a dramatic turn through well envisioned steps taken by his government and management of the institution.
It will be recalled that Governor Fayemi is in his last days as the Governor of the state and has spent the last two weeks inviting APC dignitaries to commission various projects his government embarked upon.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists