Estimated Reading Time: <1
Imo state Governor, Rochas Okorocha is bothered that no Igbo seem to be interested in the Presidency in 2015. He expressed his concern about this apparent lack of interest. The Vanguard reports.
Okorocha said this when the Enugu Zonal Director and Management team of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Enugu zone at the Government House, Owerri.
He called on the Igbos to brace up and support any of their own aspiring for the presidency of the nation because Nigeria as a nation belonged to all.
He particularly wondered why Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo should discourage any Igbo man from aspiring to the highest position in the country.
While assuring the FRCN of his support, he challenged FRCN stations to pursue the goal of the corporation which centres on “uplifting the people and uniting the nation” by being objective in their reportage.
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021
- President Buhari signs African Trade Insurance Agency instrument
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC