Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
The Federal Capital Territory Administration has commenced the distribution of preventive items against the Ebola Virus Disease as directed by the Federal Government for the resumption of schools on Sept. 22.
Malam Kabir Usman, the secretary for Education, made the statement on Saturday in Abuja at a press conference. He said the items would be distributed to 1,264 schools across Abuja.
“We are gathered here today to begin the distribution of all the items required to ensure a safe and virus free school environment for our children.
“The items include hand sanitisers, liquid soap, hand held thermometers, plastic buckets for running water, anti bacterial liquids, hand gloves, sensitisation materials such as posters and handbills for each school.”
He also said the Administration has started fumigating the schools and that new water tanks are been provided.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report