Estimated Reading Time: <1
Legendary comedienne and television host, Joan Rivers passed away on Sept. 4, after she stopped breathing while undergoing surgery on her throat.
So sad. Hollywood has lost another great legend. Fashion Police star and Emmy award-winning television host, Joan Rivers, passed away on September 4, at the age of 81, following a complication while she was undergoing throat surgery. She will be missed.
Melissa Rivers, 46, her daughter released the following statement:
It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother. Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated. My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon.
Joan was reportedly undergoing surgery on her vocal chords when she suddenly stopped breathing and was immediately rushed to Mount Sinai hospital in New York City.
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission