Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers state Commissioner for health, Dr. Tamunoiyoriari Parker, has said 50 people in Port Harcourt have been identified as Ebola risks.
The commissioner, briefing newsmen on Sunday said the contact tracing team had identified a total of 178 people who had contact with Dr. Iyke Enemuo, the medic who died after treating an Ebola patient.
Parker said while the 50 had “high-risk exposure” to the virus, three persons had been moved to the Isolation centre in Eduoha, while late Enemuo’s wife who was earlier moved to Lagos is stable and responding to treatment.
“The UPTH Mortuary, Samstel Clinic, Mandate Hotel, Green Heart Hospital and Dr. Iyke Enemuo’s residence have all be decontaminated, so people should not shy away from these places because they are safe now safe as a result of the decontamination,” he said.
He frowned against stigmatisation of people who have contracted the virus, saying it is not a death sentence. “All the people who presented themselves early for treatment in Lagos have all survived,” he noted.
Parker warned church leaders and other religious organisations to desist from turning their premises to hospital wards where they lay hands on people for spiritual healing, insisting that all febrile illnesses must be reported for investigation and prompt intervention.
He added that the burial of all corpses deposited at the UPTH morgue at the same period with the late Enemuo must be carried out under the supervision of the state ministry of health, while movement of corpses around the state must be done with clearance from the ministry.
Content Credit: TheCable
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid