Estimated Reading Time: <1
27-year-old French man, Loic Remy has joined Chelsea FC on a four-year deal after his £8.5million buyout clause was activated by the Blues’ board. The former QPR man is seen as a replacement for Fernando Torres who has moved to AC Milan.
Arsenal also showed interest in the French man but he favored a move to Chelsea. Remy was on the verge of joining Liverpool earlier this summer but failed his medicals with the Anfield team.
“I feel very happy and very proud” .
“When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said ‘let’s go’ straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world.
“I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can’t wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans“, he told Chelsea’s official website.
Remy will now battle for a place in Chelsea’s striking role with legend, Didier Drogba and in-form Spaniard, Diego Costa.
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari