Estimated Reading Time: <1
27-year-old French man, Loic Remy has joined Chelsea FC on a four-year deal after his £8.5million buyout clause was activated by the Blues’ board. The former QPR man is seen as a replacement for Fernando Torres who has moved to AC Milan.
Arsenal also showed interest in the French man but he favored a move to Chelsea. Remy was on the verge of joining Liverpool earlier this summer but failed his medicals with the Anfield team.
“I feel very happy and very proud” .
“When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said ‘let’s go’ straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world.
“I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can’t wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans“, he told Chelsea’s official website.
Remy will now battle for a place in Chelsea’s striking role with legend, Didier Drogba and in-form Spaniard, Diego Costa.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid