Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria on Thursday said that a doctor had died from Ebola in the southeastern oil city of Port Harcourt in the first case of the deadly virus outside the financial hub, Lagos.
Health minister Onyebuchi Chukwu said the medic died on August 22 after treating a patient who had contact with a Liberian-American man, who brought the virus into Nigeria and died in a Lagos hospital on July 25.
“Following the report of this death by the doctor’s widow the next day, the case had been thoroughly investigated and laboratory analysis showed that this doctor died from EVD (Ebola Virus Disease),” he told reporters in Abuja.
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020
- UK Congratulates Governor Obaseki, Commends Electoral process
- APC rejects Edo Governorship election #EdoDecides2020
- “My supporters endured evils”- APC Candidate Ize-Iyamu breaks silence #EdoDecides2020
- My commitment to free and fair elections is firm – President Buhari Congratulates Obaseki
- Edo has decided; Godwin Obaseki reelected as Governor
- @inecnigeria declares Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party winner of the 2020 Edo governorship election
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Enter Nyesom Wike; Obaseki’s new Godfather
- @SERAP wants Buhari to jettison the proposed amendment to the act establishing EFCC
- Breaking: Governor Godwin Obaseki wins Ize-Iyamu’s LGA