Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Minsiter of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu, has confirmed that a Nigerian nurse (name withheld), has died of the Ebola virus yesterday in Lagos.
The minister who made the announcement at a press briefing in Abuja this morning said that the nurse was one of the persons that attended to the Liberian who died of the disease last week in Lagos.
The minister also confirmed that so far, seven cases of people infected virus have been recorded in Nigeria: the Liberian, the nurse, and five additional cases. “The other five cases are currently being treated at the isolation ward in Lagos,” he said.
He further stated that all the Nigerians diagnosed with the Ebola virus are people who have had primary contact with the Liberian.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists