Estimated Reading Time: <1
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said that the All Progressives Congress lost the Ekiti State governorship polls due to fraud but maintained that it was impossible to rig him out in the August 9, 2014 governorship election in Osun.
Recall, incumbent APC governor, Kayode Fayemi had lost his election Saturday to the candidate of the PDP Ayo Fayose in Ekiti State.
“They perpetrated fraud in Ekiti but we are looking at them. They said that my days in office remain 43 days and I just laughed. What they did in Ekiti is not possible here in Osun. Osun is different and they know it. In 2011, all Yoruba states voted for Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate but Osun people voted for Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who was the Action Congress of Nigeria candidate. We are different in Osun. Don’t let them scare you.”
The governor who spoke in Yoruba in Ikirun on Tuesday during the continuation of his campaign which was held in the town. Aregbesola, said that it was impossible to oust him from power in Osun State because he still enjoyed the support of the masses.
“The people here today have shown that they are solidly behind us. We are not angry about the development in Ekiti State because it is part of democracy. Ekiti people have made their choice.”
The governor said that he and his people did not have any problem with law enforcement agents who discharged their duties accordingly. The APC candidate further debunked rumour saying his administration had not sacked any worker since he assumed power in November 2006, saying he could not embark on such now.
The incumbent will in August be facing People’s Democratic Party’s Senator Iyiola Omisore to wrestle the management of the government house for the people of Osun state.
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Atiku, Odili, Na’Abba – the political careers Obasanjo killed
- Magu Probe: Buhari constitutes Justice Salami panel to judicial commission of enquiry
- Yahoo boys becoming role models is a travesty says Diezani Allison-Madueke
- Iroko TV only sucks profit out of Nigeria to take abroad – NBC
- Federal Government distributes 20,000 cocoa seedlings to Imo state farmers