Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspend Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi from the Central Bank of Nigeria named the new Emir of Kano. He takes over from Ado Bayero who passed on friday after a brief illness. The state governor Rabiu Kwankwaso made the announcement hours ago, declaring the scholar the Emir after a decision made by the king makers of the state.
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi becomes the 14th Emir of Kano as declared by the Secretary to the Kano state Government,Rabi’u Sulaiman Bichi, on behalf of the governor.
He was suspended from office by President Goodluck Jonathan on 20 February 2014 due to FRC reports about reckless spending.Sanusi also exposed a $20 billion shortfall in the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC)which is being investigated. Technically, his term will end in June 2014.
[He is a career banker and ranking Fulani nobleman, and also serves as a respected Islamic scholar.The global financial intelliegence magazine, The Banker, published by the Financial Times, has conferred on Sanusi two awards, the global award for Central Bank Governor of the Year, as well as for Central Bank Governor of the Year for Africa.
The TIME magazine also listed Sanusi in its TIMES 100 list of most influential people of 2011
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English