Estimated Reading Time: <1
The management of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has immediately pronounced a reversal of the hiked fees for course registration, and other charges.
Addressing the students, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic & Research, Prof. Babajide Alo, directed that the imposition of various charges on students to register separately for General Studies (GST) courses, be immediately reversed.
According to Prof. Alo the increased charges from N10, 000 for late registration of courses, to N25, 000, are also immediately reversed.
Students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) earlier today blocked entrances to institution preventing vehicular movements in or outside of the campus in protest against tuition fee hike.
The protesting students said management of the school began demanding for N10,000, which again increased to N15,000 and N20,000 progressively in the last few days..
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19