Estimated Reading Time: <1
Stoke City attacker, Peter Osaze Odemwinge has said he can add quality to the Nigerian Super Eagles if he is invited for the 2014 World cup in Brazil.
Speaking to FourFourTwo Magazine UK, he said he could add something to the team which has been performing fine without him
“It’s not a question of whether I believe I will strengthen the team, I will be a useful player for the team, and I want to be there. It’s a team that has been doing well over the past year, but every team needs depth.
“The World Cup is about 23 players, not just 11. The matches come every three or four days, there can be injuries and other things,” the 32-year-old said.
“I am 100 per cent sure I would be a great addition to our national team in the World Cup. I’m in good form physically and psychologically,”
Osaze has been on form for The Potters since joining in from Cardiff in the winter transfer. The forward agrees he is approaching the end of his international career but suggests he still has something to offer.
“Of course, I’m available. I’m getting very close to the end, but I’m not there yet,”
“I have more years in me for the Premier League and the quality is still there.“The question was never whether I wanted to play. Whenever invitations came, I answered the call and I happily accepted them. In Nigeria, we say “e get as e bi”, meaning ‘that has to do with the situation.”
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t