Estimated Reading Time: <1
….Aerial Surveillance to commence
As part of wider strategies at tackling the recurrent attacks on some Zamfara communities, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP MD Abubakar, CFR, NPM, mni, psc, has ordered the immediate massive deployment of Special Forces which comprises Ten (10) Units of Police Mobile Force (PMF), Three (3) Units of Conventional Policemen, a Unit of Counter-Terrorism personnel, Border Patrol Teams and Force Intelligence personnel drawn from various Squadrons and Commands to reinforce the operation of the existing Force in the affected areas. In addition, the Air Wing of the Nigeria Police will commence aerial patrol and surveillance in order to efficiently and effectively monitor the situation.
These directives which the IGP issued in response to the security assessment report of the affected areas, further order extensive covert operations from the Force Intelligence Bureau while the Border Patrol Teams are to maintain adequate surveillance of all border areas around Zamfara to forestall further infiltration and escape of Marauders through the borders.
While commiserating with the families of the victims of the attacks, the IGP urged citizens to cooperate with the Force in its effort at restoring peace and security in the area and advised them to be law-abiding as they go about their lawful businesses.
It will be recalled that the IGP had earlier set up a reconciliatory committee headed by DIG Michael Zuokumor with a mandate to reach out to communities and stakeholders in the States witnessing attacks in order to permanently entrench peace.
CSP FRANK E. MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- Yoweri Museveni sworn in for sixth term as Ugandan president
- Governor Uzodinma dissolves Imo State Executive Council
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Akwa Ibom police stations
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti