Estimated Reading Time: <1
For using a banned stimulant, 31 years old Jamaican Sprinter and former 100m World Record holder, Asafa Powell has been banned for 18 months by the Jamaican Anti-Doping Disciplinary panel.
He tested positive with his training partner, Sherone Simpson for oxilophrine at last year’s national championships.
Simpson is a 4×100 relay gold and silver medalist and she also got the same duration of ban.
In July, Asafa Powell denied being a cheat after he failed a dope test. He said the drug was contained in a supplement given to them by trainer, Chris Xureb.
The ban has been backdated to the date they provided the sample, 21st of June, 2013.
Their suspension will now run until the 20th of December 2014 thus implying that they will be missing in action at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games this July.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems