Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State is not exactly happy with the appointments made by the Federal Government, led by President Jonathan.
The Governor has reminded the President that appointing a Lagos indegene as a second fiddle in his cabinet is an insult to the 1.7million people that voted him during the last general elections.
He “Under this presidency, Lagos just had a minister a few weeks ago with the appointment of Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro as Minister of State for Defence.
“The Minister of Trade and Investment does not represent Lagos. I think it is Section 147 of the Constitution that provides that every state is represented by a minister indigenous to that state.
He said other states who did not give the President as much support were represented by full ministers in his cabinet.
Fashola made the comments in Ikeja while answering questions at a programme to commemorate his administration’s 2500 days in office said the state deserved more than a Minister of State position in the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan.
He also made some clarifications that the current Minister of Trade and Investment is not from Lagos contrary to some believes, as he is from Edo state.
“Aganga is from somewhere in Edo, he is not representing us although he has supported our initiatives well, such as our Free Trade Zone project.
“But more importantly, the President won an election here with about 1.7million votes and all the states got ministers except us, until a few weeks ago.
“That’s the reward for our votes and as if that was not bad enough, what we got was a junior minister.”
Senator Musiliu Obanikoro was few weeks ago appointed to represent the state in the president’s cabinet.
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths