Estimated Reading Time: <1
March 20, 2014
Denrele, Reminisce, Sasha, May-D, and others to headline Enough Is Enough
Nigeria R.S.V.P concert In Ekiti.
Nigeria’s foremost coalition of young Nigerians promoting good governance
and citizen engagement, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH is set to hold its R.S.V.P (
Register Select Vote Protect) concert on March 21, 2014 at the Melting
Point , Iworoko Road Ado Ekiti by 4pm.
Enough is Enough Nigeria (EiE) a coalition of individuals and youth-led
organizations committed to instituting a culture of good governance and
public accountability in Nigeria through advocacy, activism and the
mobilization of the youth population as responsible citizens.
Given limited resources financial, human and time, the campaign focuses
on Nigerians of voting age, particularly 18 – 35 year olds, with access
to technology:- mobile phones and the internet.
Speaking on the project Executive Director of Enough is Enough Nigeria,
Yemi Adamolekun “Our believe is that if young people leave their comfort
zone to Register and vote instead of complaining, we can start to build a
Nigeria we so desire”.
Commenting further on the concert initiative she said “Our thought is that
the concert will serve as an incentive to create awareness for young
people to take charge of our country through encouraging them to vote, it
is when they vote that they can decide on good candidates and Nigeria will
be good for it”.
“The message is very simple: Register, Select, Vote and Protect
(R.S.V.P)”. She said
Artistes scheduled to headline the concert include Reminisce, May-D ,Sasha
, Gaise, TV Personality Denrele amongst many others.
Access to the concert is strictly on presentation of voters card.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report