Estimated Reading Time: <1
Philantropist and talk-show host, Oprah Winfrey has put up Harpo Studios situated in Chicago for sale in the next 30 days. Her Chicago apartment is also up for sale at $7.75 million.
From 1990 till 2011, ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ was filmed at the Harpo studio. She later closed the talk show and launched the ‘Oprah Winfrey Network’ on cable. Oprah revealed the purchasing agreement to Crain’s Chicago Business via a statement.
‘We have entered into a purchasing agreement with Sterling Bay for the four-building Harpo Studios campus in Chicago’s West Loop, We expect the transaction to be closed in 30 days. The property will be leased back to Harpo for two years and the studio will continue to produce programming for OWN,’ the statement read.
In 2011, the Chicago Mayor at that time, Richard Daley named the street outside Harpo Studios after Oprah Winfrey.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer