Estimated Reading Time: <1
There is a huge possibility that award winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie will be working with Oscar winning, Lupita Nyong’o soon.
The author who recently won the National Book Critics Circle Award for her third novel, Americanah made this hint while speaking to Arise Entertainment 360. She said:
“I’m going to do the mysterious thing and say that Lupita might be making an announcement very soon. I don’t know. That announcement might be about Americanah.”
Lupita won the Oscar in the best supporting actress category for her role in the drama, ’12 Years a Slave’.
It is being speculated already that Chimamanda’s third novel, Americanah may be made into a movie and Lupita is in the running for a lead role.
Americanah is centered around the life of young Nigerian woman who moved to America for a university education and returned years after
The movie adaptation of Chimamanda’s second novel, ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ will premiere in Lagos, Nigeria this April.
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads