Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Taraba acting Governor, Alhaji Garba Umar, has sacked 24 special advisers to the state government and appointed 24 new ones.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Garvey Yawe, and made available to newsmen on Monday in Jalingo.
According to the statement, Mr Abba Akawu is the Special Adviser on Inter-Governmental Affairs, Mr Oliver Suleiman; Labour Matters while Alhaji Barshir Marafa, Special Adviser on Local Government and Chieftancy Affairs.
Others are; Sen. Ibrahim Goje, Political Affairs, Dr Yushau Ahmed, Border Community Development Agency, Mr Atem Ansho, Tourism, Alhaji Adamu Danjuma, SEMA and David Irande, Primary Education.
The governor also appointed Hajiya Maryam Zubairu as Special Adviser on students and the Physically Challenged, Atiku Umar, Security and Mrs Ankye Abada,Women Affairs.
Mr Emmanuel Nwunuke Urban Infrastructure, Mr Buba Madugu, Commerce and Industries, Alhaji Muntari Garba, Science, Technical and Higher Education, Mr Orbee Uchiv, Government and Project Monitoring among others.
The statement directed all the advisers who were sacked to hand over government property in their possession to appropriate government officials immediately.
- Ibrahim Magu has been released from detention
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser