Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, has taken a swipe on Nigeria, labeling the country and her citizens as corrupt.
During his 90th birthday luncheon hosted by the service chiefs and the public commission, Mugabe said Zimbabweans are now almost behaving like Nigerians who have to be corruptly paid for every service.
“Are we now like Nigeria where you have to reach your pocket to get anything done,” he said.
“You see we used to go to Nigeria and every time we went there we had to carry extra cash in our pockets to corruptly pay for everything. You get into a plane in Nigeria and you sit there and the crew keeps dilly dulling without taking off as they wait for you to pay them to fly the plane,” said the president followed by a huge laugh from the delegates attending his birthday bash.
The current corruption rankings in the world rank Zimbabwe’s corruption a lot worse than Nigeria. Nigeria is ranked 163 worst corrupt country in the world while Zimbabwe is an embarrassing 170 third from the bottom.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence