Estimated Reading Time: <1
South West Governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) were involved in a closed door meeting with President Jonathan yesterday at Aso Rock, Abuja. The governors in attendance were: Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and Rauf Aregbesola (Osun).
Some ministers were also in attendance at the meeting which lasted for over an hour. The ministers are: Minister of Communications and Technology, Omobola Johnson; Minister of State, FCT, Olajumoke Akinjide; Minister of State for Defense, Musiliu Obanikoro; and Minister of Police Affairs, Abduljelili Adesiyan.
At the end of the meeting, none of those in attendance revealed the agenda of the meeting to journalists.
Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola said the President’s spokesman would issue a press release if the President wants the details of the meeting to be made public.
Ekiti state Governor, Kayode Fayemi claimed the issues discussed were matters of national importance.
There is a suspicion however that the President promised the governors that he will not interfere in elections upcoming in Osun and Ekiti.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court