Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles’ weapon of mass destruction, Emmanuel Emenike scored his 9th goal this season in the Turkish league when his team Fernerbache locked horns with Trabzonspor. The Monday match which took place in Trabzon at the Huseyin Avni Aker Stadium was abandoned as a result of crowd trouble.
Emenike’s 23rd minute goal ensured the visitors were leading before the game was called off minutes into added time at the end of the first-half after the referee had previously paused the game twice.
Fans threw objects into the pitch but the Fernerbache players escaped unhurt. The fans had a street-clash with the Police after the match
Fenerbache are currently on top of the table with 51 points from 23 matches just three points ahead of defending champions, Galatasaray, who have played a game more.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems