Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Super Eagles star, Mutiu Adepoju has pleaded with the Eagles coach and his former teammate, Stephen Keshi to forgive Osaze Odemwingie and IK Uche ahead of the Brazil 2014 World Cup coming up in months.
Adepoju believes that the current club forms of the duo shows that they deserve a call-up. He pleaded on their behalf.
Speaking to Goal.com, he said:
“My dear friend Stephen Keshi needs to forgive the boy, Ike Uche and bring him back into the team for the 2014 World Cup preparations.
“Ike Uche has really done well in his club to deserve a call up. Keshi can re-assess him in the other friendly matches the Eagles will play.
“I will be happy if he can extend invitations to Osaze Odemwingie too now that he is also doing well with his club in England.
“I want Keshi to temper justice with mercy in the interest of Nigerian football. We must go to the World Cup with our best legs.”
Uche who was part of the Super Eagles squad at the AFCON 2013 has scored a dozen goals this season for his La Liga club, Villareal. Stoke City’s Odemwingie last featured for Nigeria in 2012.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t