Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, today (March 12, 2014) arraigned one Zahradeen Dambazzau Mohammed before Justice Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck of the FCT High Court, Abuja, on a 5-count charge bordering on forgery and issuance of dud cheque. The accused and Ibrahim Ismail (still at large) allegedly conspired among themselves to forge a land title deed document belonging to Ishaya Madi.
One of the counts reads:
“That you, Zahradeen Dambazzau Mohammed and Ibrahim Ismail (at large) sometime in 2011 at Abuja in the Abuja Judicial Division of The High Court of the Federal Capital Territory did conspire among yourself to do an illegal act to wit; forgery of a document titled “ Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (Offer of Statutory Right of Occupancy) in respect of Plot KT60016 in the name of one Bilikisu H. Bashar measuring about 730.84sqm in Cadastral Zone BO8 of Jabi District dated the 24th of August, 2010 and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 96(1) of the Penal Code Act Cap 532 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (Abuja) 1990 and Punishable under Section 364 of the same Act”.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge.
In view of his plea, the prosecuting counsel, Farouk Abdalla prayed the court to fix a date for trial and remand the accused person in prison custody. However, counsel to the accused, O.J Aboje, urged the court to admit his client to bail having served the court and the defence counsel with the necessary documents.
Justice Goodluck ordered that the accused person be remanded in Kuje prison while adjourning the case to March 28, 2014 for hearing of the bail application.
Head, Media & Publicity
12th March, 2014
Article read on Saharareporters.com
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!