Estimated Reading Time: <1
Arsenal and Three Lions midfield stallion, Jack Wilshere will be out of action for six weeks after suffering a hairline fracture of his left foot during England’s friendly against Denmark on Wednesday.
Daniel Agger had tackled Jack strongly thirteen minutes into the game but the Arsenal player played for about 60 minutes before being substituted.
This injury may prove a major setback for Arsenal for whom Wilshere had been integral part of all season. A statement on the North London club’s website read:
“Jack Wilshere has sustained a hairline fracture to the navicular bone in his left foot,”
“Wilshere suffered the injury during England’s international match with Denmark on Wednesday night at Wembley Stadium, in which he played 59 minutes.
“Following initial scans carried out by the FA on Wednesday night, further investigation by Arsenal’s medical team has discovered a crack to a small bone in Jack’s left foot – the navicular, an area of his foot which has not been previously injured.
“Jack will now require a period of approximately six weeks’ rehabilitation, before starting to regain his match fitness.”
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t