Estimated Reading Time: <1
Both players have had 45 goals already between them this season but Suarez has revealed to FourFourTwo that there is really no secret or explanation to their successful combination for Liverpool. Suarez however revealed that the success of Sturridge has made defenders not to concentrate solely on him.
He also praised the English forward who he admits cheers him up often when he speaks Portuguese.
“There’s no real secret,”
“The best thing is that defences aren’t only looking at what Suarez is doing.
“We create space for each other and for our team-mates to take advantage of. If we’re marked then it means someone else isn’t.
“Daniel’s a great guy, always making me, Lucas [Leiva] and Philippe [Coutinho] laugh by speaking in our languages.
“There were lots of Brazilians at Chelsea so his Portuguese isn’t bad, actually. He should do well at the World Cup because he already knows the language.”
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April
- Lagos State Government restricts trucks, articulated vehicles movement to 9pm-6am daily
- Tinubu is afraid to speak on herdsmen crisis because of his presidential ambition says Afenifere Chieftain, Adebanjo
- FEC meeting: Cabinet members observe a minute silence in honour of late ministers
- COVID-19: Yabatech shuts down hostel and medical centre after college director dies
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023