Estimated Reading Time: <1
Petite midfield maestro, Juan Mata has been named Manchester United’s player of the month for February despite watching his team win only one game in the past month; the 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace.
Fans of Manchester United on the club’s six foreign language websites voted for the award and Mata was the chosen one. Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic came close at second and third respectively.
For bagging that award, Mata was presented a trophy and a £500 cheque to go to a charity of his choice. The Spaniard was apparently pleased about the recognition accorded to him
‘It’s amazing for me to be awarded with this prize after my first month. I have played just a few games, five games I think, and I am really grateful the fans have voted for me.‘I feel really happy. Life in Manchester is good, I have already found a house, I have a new home and I am trying to know different places around the city. It is a really nice city to live in. It is quiet, relaxing and you can be focused on what is important – playing football.’
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic