Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Bauchi State Police Command on Tuesday confirmed the kidnap of Alhaji Yusuf Nuhu, a member of the state House of Assembly, by unknown gunmen.
The Spokesman of the command, Mr Haruna Mohammed, told newsmen in Bauchi that Nuhu, who represents Lame constituency in the House, was abducted on Monday night in Zalau village.
Mohammed said that a police patrol team pursued the kidnappers into a forest on the boundary between Bauchi and Kaduna states.
He said that the kidnappers abandoned their car when they realised they were being pursued by the police and took Nuhu into the forest.
He said that the police had cordoned off the area and were searching for the kidnappers and their victim.
Mohammed said that the car had been recovered, adding that eight rounds of ammunition were found in it.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Nuhu is the latest victim of kidnapping in the state.
It would be recalled that three health workers on polio vaccination exercise were abducted in Darazo town on March 2; two of the workers were later released.
The third victim, Malam Ali Garba, is still being held by the abductors, even as the police command says its men are doing their best to free Garba from his abductors.
- Governor Uzodinma dissolves Imo State Executive Council
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Akwa Ibom police stations
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed