Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alex Ferguson has handed David Moyes a vote of confidence by insisting his beleaguered successor as Manchester United manager will turn the tide at Old Trafford, according to Telegraph.co.uk.
Moyes is coming under increasing pressure at United after overseeing a disastrous run of form that has seen the team crash out of both domestic cup competitions and slide to seventh position in the Premier League since the turn of the year.
United, who won the title by 11 points under Ferguson last season, are also facing up to a Champions League exit after suffering a 2-0 defeat against Olympiakos in Athens last week in a round of 16, first-leg tie.
Ferguson claimed that Moyes would be a success at Old Trafford in time.
“They (United) will be all right,” Ferguson said. “It’s early days and there have been a lot of changes.
“He (Moyes) needs time. I was there for 27 year, so with a new manager, it takes time. But they’ll be OK.”
Ferguson hand-picked Moyes as his successor last season when he announced his retirement in May, despite many expecting United to pursue a more proven manager such as Jose Mourinho or Carlo Ancelotti.
So far, however, Moyes has struggled to get to grips with the job at Old Trafford, with United’s poor form extending back to the start of the season.
United are on course to record their lowest league finish since 1990 and are almost certain to miss out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 19 years.
But despite the doom and gloom currently enveloping the club, Moyes retains the support of United’s owners, the Glazer family, and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike